Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

SDCC Explosion Godzilla - My Thoughts

I have been traveling for the last day, so it wasn't until I arrived home to my parents' place when I saw Bluefin's first images of the SDCC Exclusive 'Explosion' Godzilla.

I was initially planning to buy the figure, but after realizing that the sculpt is exactly the same as the already released Godzilla '94, it made me hesitant. Do not get me wrong, the figure looks amazing in every way, but since I will not be attending SDCC where the figure itself will cost $55, I don't intend to shelve out over $180 for this figure on Ebay. The price on Ebay is way too steep for me to pay, and too steep compared to the original price, exclusive or not. And since I paid $60 for the original Godzilla figure in the SH MonsterArts line, paying essentially triple that for an exclusive version of the same exact sculpt seems a bit over the top for me - especially since the exclusive itself will be sold at SDCC at a lower price compared to the original!

Sure, I won't mind buying the figure if I find it at a more reasonable price (highly doubtful of that), but from what I've seen on Ebay, it's just not that worth it. Plus, at the moment I have a lot of other preorders that I have to pay for - X-Plus 30cm Godzilla 1989, SH MonsterArts Fire Rodan, and the Ultra-Act Ultraman (New Edition). So adding on another $180 something purchase will not help my wallet at all.

Am I torn on this? Damn straight, but at least, I can live without it as I can live without so many other figures. Frankly, I was just glad that this exclusive wasn't the 'Burning' Godzilla that we've seen from the prototype images early on from last year. Ironically, I'd rather have THAT figure rather than the SDCC Exclusive.

Who knows, I may end up succumbing to temptation and buying it - closer to its release date rather than right now. Let me pay off my eventual $200 bill for my X-Plus Godzilla 1989 before I make any other crazy decisions.

However, if I don't get it, I won't be upset. Irked that my MonsterArts collection will not be 'complete', maybe, but upset, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment