Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - X-Plus Toho Large Monsters Series Gigan

To my delighted surprise, I received my X-Plus Toho Large Monster Series Gigan in the mail!

I must admit, it is bigger than I was previously led to believe. According to sources online, the figure was said to be at least 23cm tall, but after measuring it with a ruler, it is actually closer to 26cm from head to toe. I was happy about this for the fact I prefer larger figures - especially when I paid $114.00 for it too!

Gigan is my second favorite monster besides Godzilla in the entire series (first being King Ghidorah). This figure, as stated, stands at 26cm tall. It is sculpted out of soft vinyl. The detailing and paint job on this figure blew my mind! It surpasses anything seen by Bandai or Kaiyodo, giving me a good idea on what to expect from other X-Plus figures. I believe this is the best looking Gigan figure in my collection!

As far as articulation goes, it the same as any Bandai figure - arms and legs. The tail and neck have little to no articulation, which I feel is good, considering that these figures are mean't to be displayed rather than played with. For those interested in buying the same figure, take note that it comes with its tail detached, and the best way to put it on is to first heat up the tail piece with a hair dryer, and then stick it into the tail base on the main figure then wait a few minutes for it to cool down.

Overall, Gigan is a bitchin' figure! It sits well on my shelf along with my Bandai Jumbo Godzilla 1991. With my pleasant response to Gigan, I am looking forward in buying more X-Plus figures in the future (perhaps sometime after getting the S.H.MonsterArts King Ghidorah). The next X-Plus figure that I bought was the 30cm Godzilla 1989 that's coming out toward the end of June. I should expect that figure along with various other figures here at home once I return from my summer vacation in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment