Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - Ultra-Act Gomora

After much stress in getting this thing paid for, I finally got it! My Ultra-Act Gomora!

I am a fairly new fan to Ultraman. After watching the original series as well as the movie Mega Monsters Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie, Gomora has become one of my absolute favorite giant monsters period. It's something about his design that spoke to me. It's simple and complex at the same time.

Anyways, on to the figure itself. This Ultra-Act Gomora released over two years ago, and now it is considered somewhat rare. I was lucky enough to snatch the last one of these that AnimeJungle had in stock. I am glad I got it, because this figure is simply amazing.

The Ultra-Act series is developed by Bandai Tamashii Nations who are also doing the S.H. MonsterArts series for Godzilla related figures - and also the Angels from the Rebuild of Evangelion movies. Personally, Ultra-Act Gomora fairs off a bit better than the existing SH MonsterArts figures! Let me explain.

Gomora stands at around 6.5 inches tall (on par with MonsterArts SpaceGodzilla). He is quite heavy, but due to having a simple design without too many spikes, Gomora is much easier to handle and pose than figures for Godzilla or SpaceGodzilla that have thin arms, and tails. Gomora comes with two accessories. The first is a tail stub where his tail was severed off in his debut two part episode arc in Ultraman The Original Series. The second his his own beam effect. I have not put it on yet, but you must take off his horn and replace it with the effect. It's neat, but I prefer displaying Gomora without any effect parts - unlike my Ultraman figures.

Overall, Gomora is a fantastic figure. It has great detail, fantastic articulation, and it stands well next to my Ultras. It makes me crave more Ultra Kaiju out of the Ultra-Act line!

No comments:

Post a Comment