Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - Scrap Metal Godzilla

While this is definitely NOT a toy in any way, I still like to review him as one. This is a scrap metal sculpture of the Big G himself!

Though it is not based on any incarnation of the character, it is still very recognizable as Godzilla. This is a custom made sculpture made by a welder at one of the off-road stores in Bangkok, Thailand. I acquired this item through my parents who were vacationing there the other week. They found this and immediately called me, asking if I wanted it. Sure enough, I got it, and received it in the mail just today.

The sculpture stands approximately 7 inches tall, and is quite heavy. One of the things that caught my eye was the use of bike chains for Godzilla's spines and dorsal plates. I found it quite innovative from an artistic point of view and never would've considered that myself. Even though Goji here appears quite hefty in the belly area I still love it. I think it adds a certainly charm to the sculpture and makes it fit well amongst my Marmit and Bullmark figures.

In all actuality, I am not the one to collect customized figures or sculptures, but since this Godzilla was a gift, I made an exception, and it is quite a unique item - pretty much literally. I thank my parents for getting me this!

No comments:

Post a Comment