Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - Bandai Tokyo Vinyl Godzilla

Today I picked up the Bandai Tokyo Vinyl Godzilla this morning from the post office. It's been over four weeks since I ordered this, so it's about time it arrived.

Much of Bandai USA's Godzilla products have not impressed me too much. Besides their original line of six inch figures back in 2002, I have their 12" scaled Godzilla 2005 and MechaGodzilla 2003. Their later items have not intrigued me one bit. However, once I saw the images of the new Tokyo Vinyl figures earlier this year I was interested.

I ordered Godzilla first. The first thing I noticed was that it was bigger than I was expecting. It stands at around 6 inches in height - I was expecting something around 4 inches. Well, the bigger the better, am I right? The thing that attracted me to this item was that it had a designer toy-like quality to it. Normally I don't collect these style of items, but it's Godzilla, what can I say? My only gripe with this figure is that it doesn't resemble any particular design of Godzilla. It seems that it is a general take on the character - unlike the MechaGodzilla figure.

There isn't much else I can say about this item except that I personally like it. I hope my MechaGodzilla Tokyo Vinyl figure comes in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment