Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - SH MonsterArts SpaceGodzilla

For this blog's first Kaiju Toy Review, I am going to review the S.H. MonsterArts SpaceGodzilla action figure.

I just received this guy earlier today. Prior to SpaceGodzilla I already have both Godzilla, and MechaGodzilla as well as the web exclusive weapons and effects part for Godzilla, and the Garuda accessory pack for MechaGodzilla, which is still in the mail as of now. After fiddling around with SpaceGodzilla for a while, I can confirm that this is definitely an improvement over both Godzilla and MechaGodzilla!

The first that caught my attention when playing around with SpaceGodzilla is how flexible he is compared to Godzilla's figure. The legs can spread wide open. It's ironic since in the film Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, the titular villain hardly has any extravagant poses. Nevertheless I thought it was a nice touch to the figure for display purposes. The skin and paint detail on this figure are EXTRAORDINARY! I've said this in other places, but this is one figure that surpasses even its own prototype! I like the eyes on this figure. They're properly positioned unlike Godzilla's which give him a "derpy" look at times.

The only accessory to come with SpaceGodzilla is its Corona Beam effect as well as  crystal base. While I was worried about how the beam effect looked in pictures, it turned out that it looked a lot better in person. I would've displayed the beam effect with SpaceGodzilla on my shelf, but it would've taken up too much room.

Overall, I am very happy with this figure. It's an improvement over the first two MonsterArt figures. SpaceGodzilla will certainly keep me occupied until Mogera and Little Godzilla are released in May and June respectively. I also intend to pre-order Rodan, and King Ghidorah.

While on the subject of Bandai Tamashii Nation Products, I also just ordered my first Ultra-Act figures - Gomora, and Baltan Seijin. I refused to order an Ultraman because I want to wait till the resculpted version of the first Ultraman is released, as well as the kaiju Red King. I'll certainly be spending a fortune this year! Thankfully I'll be working this summer in order to pay it off.

1 comment:

  1. Any plans to re-do this review inline with how you do your later reviews with more photos?

    ReplyDelete