Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

New Godzilla Figure From Bandai Tamashii Nations

So far we have not seen anything new related to S.H. MonsterArts at this year's Tamashii Features Vol. 4 in Hong Kong, with the exception of November's Burning Godzilla. However, though not a kaiju exclusive line in contrast to S.H. MonsterArts, Tamashii Nations is starting up a brand new line of figures called Perfect Model. They are in the 12 inch scale, and are articulated. The line will cover various properties such as Star Wars, Tiger & Bunny, and Power Rangers. However, they are also releasing a Godzilla figure into the line too! The design of the figure is based on the BioGoji suit from 1989's Godzilla vs. Biollante.





Personally, I'd have to see more of this figure before I'm convinced enough to actually buy it. I have mixed feelings due to the fact that I JUST got my X-Plus 30cm Godzilla 1989 several weeks ago, and in no need for another one. However, if the figure proves to be more than a statue and have a substantial level of articulation that the other figures in this line have shown, and if the price is right, then I'll consider buying it.

For now, I have mixed feelings on the figure. Again, if there's more to this figure than what's shown, then my opinion could change.

Here are photos of other figures from the upcoming Perfect Model line.







3 comments:

  1. I want that Godzilla NOW!!! I have nearly all the X-Plus Godzillas, but they don't look nearly as accurate as this figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 1989 X-Plus Godzilla too, but it can pass for a 1991 Godzilla. X PLus figures are more stylized; whereas this figure seems more movie accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The x-pluss godzilla 1989 models is FAR from accurate when you compare it to this Tamashii 1989 Godzilla. I dont own many x-pluss statues because i think many of them lack accuracy
    But i cant WAIT for this Tamashii 1989 G to be released!

    ReplyDelete