Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Kaiju Toy Review - UltraAct Ultraman

Sorry for being a few days late on this review, but here we go! This is my review for the new UltraAct Ultraman figure.


Upon opening the packaging, the box for this figure is pretty neat. It has the newer updated look akin to the recent Ultras, and Zoffy. Despite the new retro box design, everything is pretty much the same. 



After taking Ultraman out of the box, the joints were a little stiff, but after some playing around they began to loose up a bit. Now, I don't have the original figure for the UltraAct Ultraman, but I'll compare it to my other Ultras. Personally, the figure was just on par for me. While many aspects of the figure are exactly the same as the other Ultras, the difference is mostly in the legs. The joints for the legs at times extend outwards to maximize articulation, however, they proved to be more troublesome for me. They were the reason why this figure isn't as 'spectacular' as I had hoped for. Nonetheless, despite that, the figure still is able to achieve what the other UltraAct figures are able to do, and it comes with some neat accessories as shown below.




This will be a short review, again, so I'll say that this figure is ok. It is certainly better than the original Ultraman figure in this line and it goes well with the various newer releases. My rating for it is a 3.5/5. The sculpt is fantastic, and is a vast improvement over the original. However, the loose joints in the legs make this figure a little weaker - the use of Tamashii Stage Act. 4 stands really help though. The redeeming factors were the accessories and detailing that went into this figure. It ain't the best, but hell, I still love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment