Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

Toy Review - Robot Spirits Nirvash Type ZERO spec2

Typically I try NOT to buy any other figures besides Godzilla or other kaiju related items, however being fan of the anime Eureka Seven and its sequel series Eureka Seven AO Astral Ocean, which is currently airing in Japan, I just had to have at least one piece of merchandise from the franchise. So I decided to go with the Robot Spirits Nirvash Type ZERO spec2.

As many of you may know, the Robot Spirits line of highly articulated robot figures is also produced by Bandai Tamashii Nations the same company behind the S.H. MonsterArts and UltraAct toy lines. I went with Robot Spirits due to my familiarity with the company that produces it. Anyways, lets get started on this review.

I bought this figure over a week ago over Ebay for $56 with $6 shipping. This is not a bad price due to the fact that when this figure first released back in 2009 the price was $55. The figure comes in a window box much like all of Tamashii Nations other products. The figure itself stands at five inches in height, an inch or two shorter than the UltraAct and S.H. MonsterArts figures. I was surprised of how small this figure was and expected it to be a similar size to the typical S.H.MonsterArts figures. The smaller size also made me more cautious of how I handled it. The figure has various pointy and thin parts making it potentially fragile if handled too rough. Nonetheless, the sculpt itself is pretty spot on and every detail of the Nirvash from the anime is present.

However like with every figure that Tamashii Nations releases, there are flaws. Thankfully with the Nirvash the only issue I have with it is that at times when I fiddle with the left leg, it pops out of its socket. But it's an easy fix and there isn't any looseness in the joint after pushing it back in. Another issue is the fact that I can't display this figure on its board despite it having places to peg the feet in. The spec1 figure of the Nirvash includes a base to display its board with the figure atop of it. I just don't understand why Tamashii Nations failed to include a similar piece with this figure. It makes the notion of displaying the figure on the board pretty moot.

This figure also comes with a buck load of accessories too! First off it comes with its trademark board, which it uses in the anime to surf the trapar energy in the air. It also comes with multiple hands as well as parts to transform it into its jet and vehicle mode. I have yet to try this since I've been busy with helping my parents move, so perhaps later on I'll try it out. The one last accessory that it came with is its larval form. Take note that its larval form did not appear in the actual anime series. It only appeared in the series' movie adaptation Eureka Seven: Pocket full of Rainbows. It's a nice little addition I have to admit despite my disliking towards the movie.

Overall, the Robot Spirits Nirvash Type ZERO spec2 is one neat figure. It makes a great display piece. However for those interested in this or other Robot Spirits figures take note that these figures are not in scale with the UltraAct of S.H.MonsterArts figures, and heck not even in scale with Revoltech's figures! Despite that, the Nirvash is still a cool figure with a neat sculpt and many accessories to choose from. Out of a rating of 5, I am giving this figure a 3.5 / 5. The only set back is the fact that there is no base to display the figure's board on rendering the display aspect of that accessory moot.

Haters be hatin'

No comments:

Post a Comment