Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Otaku Recon Guam 2013


Well, I will be displaying a good number of figures at this July's Otaku Recon here on Guam.

Otaku Recon has had a history of big names in anime and its related fandom of making special appearances or video chats at the event notably in November 2011 when voice actor, Steven Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Transformers Prime, Legend of Korra) made an appearance via webcam for a Q&A with the audience.

I will be displaying almost my entire S.H. MonsterArts collection at the event (if space allows) as well as couple of Revoltech Evangelions (primarily last October's Unit 02 and June's Unit 08 Alpha), and the upcoming D-Arts Pokemon figures. Since this event will be taking place in July, chances are that I will not receive the MonsterArts Godzilla 1964 and Destoroyah Evolution Set in time.

On top of displaying my items, I will also be documenting the event through photographs for an in-depth review later on. I do hope to provide a survey to people in regards to S.H. MonsterArts, which I will be notifying Bluefin Distribution about early on, to gauge people's responses to the figures and what they hope to see in the line in the future.

ALSO...

I have been invited to join a group of my Otaku friends on a trip to Japan in late May. At the moment, I am a bit sketchy in regards to what my plans are at that time. However, I have never visited Japan (aside from layovers) therefore I wish to finally visit. If I do, I do intend to buy figures while I'm there and document my experiences. Hopefully plans finally work out and I do fulfill my dream to visit the land of the rising sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment