Pages

Friday 4 January 2013

My 2013 Wishlist

2012 has been a great year for monster figure collectors such as myself. We got a lot of great X-Plus figures, and plenty of S.H.MonsterArts figures. So, the question has to be asked: What are we getting in 2013? I am not sure about the answer to that, but I can only hope. Below is my personal wish list of items that I would like to see this year...

S.H. MonsterArts Biollante


The S.H. MonsterArts Biollante was first revealed at Tamashii Nations 2012 event back in October. The figure was the result of popular demand by the fans. However, its initial reveal was met with much controversy due to slight inaccuracies with the sculpt. These "flaws" don't bother me, and based on the fact that this is merely a prototype, I believe that improvements would be made for the final product. If this figure is to be released this year, I'd expect it to be towards the later quarter of this year and priced somewhere between $140 - $190. 

S.H. MonsterArts Vastatosaurus Rex


With the release of the S.H. MonsterArts King Kong (2005) this April, I believe that a MonsterArts figure of the V-Rex, which Kong battles in the movie, should be made. I concur that it'll be a logical and inevitable move on Tamashii's part to include this character into the line. 

D-Arts Nintendo Characters


It does not matter what game they're from, but I would love to see some Nintendo characters released in Tamashii Nations' D-Arts line. Already we're getting a couple of Pokemon figures this spring: Mewtwo in March, and Charizard in April. However, considering that Figma has released Samus, Link, and soon, Pit, D-Arts could really take advantage of this to release their own figures based on these lovable video game characters. I would definitely buy a D-Arts Mario in a heartbeat. 

Revoltech Evangelion 3.0 Figures


Last November, the third movie in the Rebuild of Evangelion series, Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo, was released into theaters throughout Japan, breaking box office records. Last October, Revoltech released a new version of Unit 02 as seen in the August 2011 TV Spot. I hope that this year Revoltech would release a more movie accurate version of the recently released Unit 02 figure as well as the rest of the Evas: Unit 08 (left), Mark 09 (middle), and 13 (right). It's good to note that Unit 02, and Unit 08 have more than one version throughout Eva 3.0 (according to the movie's Art Book). Also, Unit 02 apparently goes Beast Mode again, this time much more frightening in appearance. With that, I expect multiple figures of Unit 02, and 08. Hopefuly Revoltech doesn't fail to disappoint when they eventually get around to doing figures from the latest movie. 

S.H. MonsterArts Angels


Speaking of Evangelion, Tamashii Nations revealed more Angels aside from Sachiel (The Fourth Angel), and Zeruel (The Tenth Angel) at last October's Tamashii Nations 2012 event. With 3.0 now out in theaters, and the impending final movie in the Rebuild of Evangelion series only on the horizon, the release of the Angels would be quite logical. Hopefully we'll see one or two of them released this year. 

X-Plus King Ghidorah


We all know that it's coming, but the question is: When? Whether it is to be in the Large Monsters Series or 30cm Series, I am hoping that a King Ghidorah figure would be produced and released by X-Plus some time this year. Considering that the Large Monster Series is advancing heavily with their roster from Destroy All Monsters (1968), I have a feeling that X-Plus' first King Ghidorah figure will be a part of their Toho Large Monsters Series. 

Anyways, that's my wish list for this year. I do hope to see some of these figures see the light of day, and personally, I am in an Evangelion kick right now! 

What figures do you hope to see this year?
Post your answers in the comments section! 

4 comments:

  1. Nice list. Did you remember about Venasaur and Blastoise coming to the D-Arts line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I do look forward to them as well.
      Since they're characters from Nintendo, I just generalized them under the D-Arts Nintendo figures category.

      Delete
    2. okay cool! :) I wonder what other Pokemon may be in store down the road. I would like to see Alakazam and a few others too!

      Delete
    3. For me, I am hoping that figures for the Legendary Beasts (Entei, Suicune, and Raikou), Lucario, Rayquaza, as well as Lugia, and Ho-oh are made too.

      Delete